I’ve been making these babies for years, ever since Adam’s first birthday when I first tried the recipe out. I have hardly done any alterations to the original recipe yet have been requested to make these for various occasions over and over. I even very good family friends of ours who would, without fail, have me make this every single time we had a potluck.
What I like to play with though, is the crushed topping these beauties are rolled in. Every time I try something different; nuts, Reese’s pieces, candy canes, powdered sugar, cocoa, biscuits…. you get the idea.
So when I was trying to come up with baked goodies to include in a gift basket for a friend, these were a no-brainer. They are yummy, look good, can be packed in an impressive display and are super easy.
Without further ado, my Chocolate Peanut Butter truffles:
250gm dark chocolate chopped
250gm milk chocolate chopped
500gm creamy peanut butter jar
340gm sweetened condensed milk
Toppings of choice; coconut, powdered sugar, cocoa, crushed nuts, crushed Reese’s pieces, miniature chocolate chips, crushed candy canes, crushed cookies….
1. Bring a saucepan half filled with water to a simmer. Place a stainless steel bowl over the simmering water.
2. Add the chocolate and peanut butter to the stainless steel bowl and stir occasionally until both are fully melted.
3. Add the condensed milk and whisk together. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly
4. Spread the fudge evenly on a tray. Place in the fridge for at least half an hour to chill and set.
5. Remove fudge from fridge. Take a spoonful and roll in your hands into a ball shape.
6. Roll the balls in the assorted toppings. Place in a candy foil cup.
7. Store in fridge or freezer covered until ready to serve