I’ve been nominated for several blog awards over the past couple of weeks and it’s so exciting. And since I’m practically sickness free (only the sniffles) it’s time to make good on my promise. But, and there is the but, I’ve been putting off the acceptance part because of the nominations. remember the Daily Prompt that said if you could only read or write a blog which would you do? Will I would totally write and not miss reading. Writing is my escape, my one link to sanity. So sorry, I will not give that up.
Let me tell you a little secret which I’m extremely shameful of ; I don’t read other blogs that much. Which means I don’t have a lot of people to nominate. Not a lot of people (I know) that are pulled me in. And defiantely not a lot of people below 200 followers. If you’re reading this and thinking; ‘She’s a mean bitch’, then I would understand and totally forgive it.
So, back to the awards. I’ve been nominated by Cupcake in Cairo and Cranky Giraffe for The One Lovely Blog Award / The Very Inspiring Blogger Award and The Liebster Blog Award respectively. And since like I said, I don’t know that many effing people I’m gonna combine the two awards in one post. Plus they’ve made my job so so much harder. Mainly because they were top of my list for the awards. So go on, check them out.
So I’ll start with Cupcake in Cairo and The One Lovely Blog Award / The Very Inspiring Blogger Award by thanking her so much that she thought of me, and by telling her that I miss her cupcakes and cakes. Or mainly I just miss all of her.
Second, here are the award rules:
1. Thank the person who nominated you.
2. Add The One Lovely Blog Award / The Very Inspiring Blogger Award to your post.
3. Share 7 things about yourself.
4. Pass the award to up to 10 nominees.
5. Include this set of rules.
6. Inform your nominees by posting a comment on their blogs.
7 things about myself:
1. I don’t like heights. It’s not a phobia and it’s not a fear. Heights just make me uncomfortable. And I’ve been bungee jumping regardless.
2. I grew up hating cooking and baking, but ironically I’m pretty good at both (if I do say so myself). I still think cooking is a waste of time though.
3. I wanted to be a neuro-surgeon growing up until my parents sat me down when I was 16 and gave me a long talking to about how I would end up spending my whole life studying. And I hate studying!
4. Always thought I’d not get married, have no kids and would spend my life dedicated to work and travel. There’s life for you.
5. I love, love donuts! Krispy Kreme is like dying and going to heaven. Tim comes a close second.
6. I give off the first impression that I’m arrogant and stuck-up but that’s because I have zero-social skills and am extremely awkward around people I don’t know.
7. I’m not much of a people person. Yet ironically my house and life was always full of family and friends. I was known as the hostess of the group, the one who brought people together.
Next onto Cranky Giraffe and The Liebster Blog Award.
First off, I have to say CG has been one of my favourite bloggers when I first started re-blogging around two months ago. She’s funny and articulate. And more importantly I felt a connection happen between who people who have never met but can somehow understand each other (hope she feels the same, otherwise this will be Awkward).
1.Pingback to the person who nominated you.
2. Answer their questions.
3. Make up new questions.
4. Nominate 11 bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
Answer the questions:
I’m doing that in this post because this one is way toooo long.
Make up questions:
1. How would you want as your best friend most: Barrack Obama, Brad Pitt, Justin Bieber or Steve Jobs (RIP)?
2. What is your favourite movie? And not the one you tell everyone, but the cheesy, embarrassing, which-everyone-hates-but-I secretly-love movie?
3. If you could switch lives with someone who would it be? And why?
4. What cartoon character do you relate to most?
5. How do you imagine yourself dying?
6. What is the most mortifying, embarrassing moment of your life?
7. Angel, Buffy the Vampire Slayer or The Avengers?
8. Chocolate, lasagne or sweet’n’sour chicken?
9. What was the happiest moment of your life?
10. Facebook, love or hate? And twitter?
11. If you found a genie in a bottle, what would your three wishes be? (And no peace on Earth please).
Here are my nominations. I don’t think most of them are under 200, they are definitely not 10 or 20, but who cares, they inspire me.
5 Kids With Disabilities
Jill Ann Schmehl
Cupcake In Cairo (For the Liebster Award)