It’s the first official snow of the season! Today we got close to 2 centimeters and it’s a white white world. So what’s the perfect healthy dinner that warms you up without breaking the bank on calories? Honey Mustard Roasted Chicken with Vegetables of course!
I took so many pictures making this dish. And such pretty pictures too. But unfortunately they were all deleted before I could post (read about it here). At least I have that one picture left over.
This has been my go-to dish for most potlucks and quick dinners. I love this dish for several reasons:
- It’s very healthy with all the vegetables and olive oil used. Even my kids will tolerate eating it. And the good news is you can use any and all the kinds of vegetables you prefer.
- It’s very warm and filling. Combined with rice you have a full meal; protein, vegetables and carbs.
- It’s sooo easy. Chop up those vegetables in a jiffy, put them in a roasting pan and off to the oven. The majority of time needed for this dish is the time needed in the oven for roasting.
- Who doesn’t love honey-mustard?
- And the last one; Did I mention it’s so pretty and colorful?
So without further ado;
Honey Mustard Roasted Chicken With Vegetables
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 60 minutes
- Servings:6-7 servings
- 1k boneless chicken breasts (Or you can use chicken cutlets – just factor in a little extra time for roasting)
- 4-6 medium potatoes
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 4-6 carrots
- (Other vegetables as desired like broccoli, squash…)
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 medium onion
- 1 chicken stock cube (low-sodium/low fat)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 4 tablespoons mustard
- Preheat oven to 400F. Cut up vegetables in big chunks and onion into rings. Arrange in a roasting pan/dish. Season with salt & pepper, add olive oil and toss vegetables until fully coated.
- Fill the pan with an inch of water and place chicken stock cube. Arrange garlic cloves among the vegetables. Place the chicken on top of the vegetables and top everything with the herbs.
- Place in the oven uncovered for 30 minutes. Meanwhile mix the honey and mustard together in a bowl.
- Remove dish from oven. Brush the honey mustard mixture on the chicken. Flip over and brush on the other side. Cover the dish with foil and return to the oven for another 30-45 minutes or until chicken and vegetables are tender. Broil on low for the last 5 minutes to give the chicken a golden color.
- Serve with rice and enjoy!